|An Information Delivery platform is essential to provide accurate, consolidated, high quality data for analysis.
There are many sources of data including the traditional internal source systems of structured and unstructured information. Now in the age of Big Data there are many new sources of information e.g. streaming data, geospatial, sensor data from the “internet of things” and social data.
The ability to handle large amounts of diverse information provides an organization with broader insight into its customer’s perception of its goods and services, if the information used is relevant. Including unnecessary details can delay, confuse, and mislead analysis in the same way as missing or out-of-date information effects results.
An Information Delivery Platform should include tools for Data Governance that addresses the following capabilities:
An Information Integration platform should provide the ability to perform the following:
Technology such as master data hubs, data warehouses and data marts consolidate information from multiple applications into specialized servers to give a holistic perspective of how the organization is operating. Content management systems provide organized collections of documents that can be managed through well-defined processes. Together these solutions provide state-of-the-art management of an organization’s information. These solutions enable the organization to support reporting, analytics, multi-channel interaction with customers and partners, to provide competitive advantage and demonstrable compliance to necessary regulations for their industry.
New technologies such as Map Reduce (Hadoop) provide a flexible storage system that can hold data in many formats. Schemas and other forms of annotations can be mapped onto the data after it is stored, allowing it to be used for multiple purposes.
All of these various zones of data effectively provide an Information Virtualisation layer that feeds information to the Analytics layer for reporting and analysis.
List of products:
IBM DB2 with BLU Acceleration
IBM DB2 with BLU Acceleration speeds analytics and reporting using dynamic in-memory columnar technologies. In-memory columnar technologies provide an extremely efficient way to scan and find relevant data. Coupled with innovations such as parallel vector processing and actionable compression, it makes your analytic queries far faster and less complex. So you can connect with the information you need at breakthrough speed and volume.
Analytics at the speed of thought DB2 with BLU Acceleration combines advanced, innovative capabilities to accelerate analytic workloads for databases and data warehouses.DB2 with BLU Acceleration also integrates with IBM Cognos® Business Intelligence to provide reporting and deeper analysis. You can analyze key facts and freely explore information from multiple angles and perspectives to make more informed decisions—all from within DB2.
Less data storage required
DB2 with BLU Acceleration dynamically moves data from storage. Database tuning, indexes and aggregates are not needed, which improves storage efficiency and helps lower your storage space requirement. In fact, clients have reported compression rates of 10 times that of un-compressed tables.
The system uses available hardware such as memory, I/O and CPU to help reduce memory latency and processing. Hardware optimization streamlines administration and maintenance, putting less load on resources.
BLU Acceleration is fully integrated with DB2. It does not require SQL or schema changes to implement. Just load and go. Enhancements such as automation, optimization and self-tuning help to further simplify overall use.
Information Integration and Governance
Information Integration and Governance (IIG) is a unified set of capabilities that bring together data from diverse sources for diverse targets, manage its quality, and maintain master data for multiple domains; that secure and protect data, manage it across its lifecycle, and facilitate information-based collaboration across business and technical teams. These broad capabilities help organizations increase the value of data for information-intensive projects like big data and analytics, application consolidation and retirement, security and compliance, 360° views, and many others.
IBM InfoSphere Information Server is a market-leading data integration platform which includes a family of products that enable you to understand, cleanse, monitor, transform, and deliver data, as well as to collaborate to bridge the gap between business and IT. InfoSphere Information Server provides massively parallel processing (MPP) capabilities to deliver a highly scalable and flexible integration platform that handles a variety of data volumes (big, small, and everything in between).InfoSphere Information Server provides you with the ability to flexibly meet your unique information integration requirements – from data integration to data quality and data governance – to deliver trusted information to your mission critical business initiatives (such as big data & analytics, data warehouse modernization, master data management and point-of-impact analytics).
Data Security and Privacy
InfoSphere Guardium and InfoSphere Optim provide a complete approach for big data environments including System z, leading the market for data security and privacy with these unique capabilities:
- Automatic discovery, classification and protection of sensitive big data in a wide variety of formats across all leading big data systems
- Real-time threat alerts and analysis of security policy violations, at big data speed
- Data masking everywhere, in context and on demand–without performance impact or application changes
- Built-in compliance workflow, remediation suggestions and data security best practices
- Integration of security into other IT systems such as ticketing systems and custom or packaged applications
Life Cycle Management
IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Archive manages the volume, speed and complexity of data growth for reduced storage costs and improved performance. It enables you to handle data more efficiently and safely, according to business rules and criteria that you define. IBM InfoSphere Optim Archive offers a single, scalable solution to implement consistent data management strategies throughout the enterprise.
InfoSphere Optim Archive helps organizations:
Manage the growth of application data and data warehouses
- Help reduce hardware, storage and maintenance costs by archiving historical data from mission-critical systems.
- Manage data growth at the source by applying advanced archiving capabilities for structured data.
- Work with data at the business object level, including payments, service orders or shipments.
- Apply tiered and multi-temperature storage strategies for more cost-effective data storage.
Apply business rules and criteria
- Specify business rules and criteria to align data growth management principles with your business objectives.
- Segregate and archive historical data directly or through integration with IBM InfoSphere Business Glossary.
- Support data retention regulations and archive, manage, retain and dispose of application data according to business policies.
Improve data lifecycle management
- Apply data retention, disposal and eDiscovery strategies consistently across the enterprise.
- Streamline application upgrade projects with more effective data management tools.
- Maintain archived business records in a historical reference snapshot format.
- Consolidate or retire obsolete, redundant or unsupported applications and data stores while maintaining access to required data.
Use a single, scalable solution
- Work with commonly used applications, including Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
- Use with IBM DB2®, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, SQL server and XML database technologies.
- Work with Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux and IBM z/OS® operating systems.
- Integrate with InfoSphere Blueprint Director to improve the success of data growth projects.
- Work with a variety of data warehouse solutions, including IBM Netezza® products.
Test Data Management
IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Test Data Management optimizes and automates the test data management process. Prebuilt workflows and services on demand facilitate continuous testing and Agile software development. IBM InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management helps development and testing teams use realistic, right-sized test databases or data warehouses to accelerate application development.
InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management helps organizations:
- Streamline test data management processes to help reduce costs and speed application delivery.
- Analyze and refresh test data on demand for developers and testers
- Create production-like environments to shorten iterative testing cycles, support continuous testing and accelerate time to market.
- Protect sensitive data based on business polices and help reduce risk in testing, training and development environments; leverage InfoSphere Business Information Exchange included in the solution
- Use a single, scalable enterprise solution across applications, databases and operating systems.
- Provides a comprehensive continuous testing solution through Rational Test Workbench for functional, regression, integration (service virtualization) and load testing